Optimizing content for Twitter is very simple. Twitter can be an overwhelming source of information so most users filter content out in several ways. Below you will find some tactics for you to apply to your Twitter account in order to gain the highest exposure to the audience you are trying to reach.
1. Using keywords in your Twitter username and URL will benefit optimization efforts! Keywords may simply include your name, if your name is part of your optimization efforts.
2. List your Twitter account in Twellow. Twellow is the “Twitter Yellowpages” and allows users to easily find other users by the categories they are listed in. Choose the categories that best fit your keyword strategy and make sure you are listed in them!
3. Make sure your Twitter bio includes a keyword or two.
4. Your Twitter profile picture should be optimized. Upload the image with keywords in image file name.
5. Use keywords in your tweets as a hashtag. A hashtag allows users to sort content by relevant topics. Often times you will find your tweets do not have a keyword in them, yet you still want users to be able to find you under this particular topic. This is the ideal situation for adding a hashtag. See image below.